The history of Pleasureland Southport stretches back to 1913. In the 1920s, the park moved from its original location Kings Gardens to the site where New Pleasureland Southport stands today.
Pleasureland was closed during the Second World War as the site was used for aircraft storage by the Ministry of Defence.
In its final decade, the original park was completely transformed by its owners, the Blackpool Pleasure Beach company with a number of multi-million pound additions. The skyline of the park was forever changed in 1999 with the debut of TRAUMAtizer, a five inversion suspended looping roller coaster.
The original park closed without warning on 5th September 2006. A new park now operates here under the same name.